MMA MIXED MARTIAL ARTS & IMPACT FITNESS SELF DEFENSE
Group and private training available. Beginners are our speciality! Best of all, you don't need to have any previous experience...be flexible whatsoever...or be in great shape to start. The only limitation is the class size. That's it!
MMA MIXED MARTIAL ARTS
Learn MMA without glorifying unnecessary violence, training with smelly tattooed street thugs or in a dingy dungeon.
The increasing media coverage of the sport since the first UFC in 1993 has created a massive group seeking to learn how to fight like their heroes on TV. They are not looking for traditional martial arts or Tae Bo.
Make no mistake. The EDGE MMA class is not like many so called "martial arts schools" programs that are little more than motivational day care centers governed by the concerns of mothers more than the needs of the student or a McDojo program that turns out Paper Tigers. This is true Mixed Martial Arts designed by Champions, world class MMA athletes and trainers. I don't mean watered down Taekwondo with some kind of grappling layered in. I mean a stand alone, safe, professional curriculum from top-to-bottom (EDGE MMA is exactly that).
Executives Trade in Golf Clubs for Fight Club
Fueled by events like the UFC, PrideFC, IFL and the hit SPIKE show The Ultimate Fighter, MMA or Mixed Martial Arts, is the hottest thing going. Founder of Scottsdale Fight Club, Hall of Fame Master John Nottingham claims he has carved out his own niche'. "I personally designed this program because not everyone who wants to learn MMA is a tattooed angry street fighter. In fact, most of those guys don't last in traditional programs because they don't like to follow instructions and ritual. Many of our clients are highly successful executives and family men who cannot afford to show up to work the next day with a torn rotator cuff or black eye. By no means are they any less tough or effective, this training specifically designed for a more mature and intelligent individual who respects his health and body. We focus on strategy, technique and emphasize fun and health. It's a hit!"
Intelligent non-violent people, business professionals and beginners can learn MMA without getting black eye!
"I'll tell you who is loving our EDGE MAA training–professionals like financial advisors, attorneys, business owners and executives. They are fascinated by what I did with this program. They are hooked by our unique more friendly and professional approach and can't get enough." -John Nottingham
Develop explosive speed, strength and flexibility while having the time of your life!
Here is how John Nottingham's EDGE MMA is different:
1. The ego is checked at the door2. No military type instructions and rituals3. Clean, professional environment with the best gear and mats money can buy4. A qualified instructor who keeps his focus on you, not his own workout5. No long term binding contract required6. No training with kids7. Seminars and special training with legends and champions8. Strategy, mechanics and technique is emphasized over brawn9. Safety is our number one concern10. Designed specifically for beginners
Skills Areas of MMA
- Stand-up: Boxing, Kickboxing and Muay Thai to improve footwork, elbowing, kicking, kneeing and punching.
- Clinch: Freestyle and Greco-Roman wrestling, Sambo, and Judo are trained to improve clinching, takedowns and throws, while Muay Thai is trained to improve the striking aspect of the clinch.
- Ground: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, shoot wrestling, catch wrestling, Judo and Sambo are trained to improve submission holds, and defense against them. Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and styles of amateur wrestling are trained to improve positioning and maintaining ground control.
John Nottingham started training in a "Mixed Martial Arts" long before it became popularized by the Gracies, the Ultimate Fighting Championship and PRIDE. He took the initiative to train with Rigan Machado (Chuck Norris BJJ Trainer)years ago, continued with Chris Lopez (MMA teacher), then traveled to the Gracie Academies to further research. At that time he was a member of the Rickson Gracie Association and continued to travel to expand his knowledge and skill. He hired and trained with top names like Ricco Rodriguez, JJ Machado and 4 time Olympian Mike Swain to come to his schools.
Master Nottingham takes pride in having provided significant educational, meeting and training opportunities to his staff and students including top names like:
- Chuck Liddell, UFC Champion
- Cung Le, Sanshou World Champion
- Royce Gracie, UFC Champion
- Mike Swain, 4 time Olympian
- Jimmy Pedro, 4 Time Olympian
- "Judo" Gene LeBell, "The Worlds most Dangerous Man"
- Tito Ortiz, UFC Champion
- Matt Hughes, UFC Champion
- Randy Couture, UFC Champion
- Maurice "Mo" Smith, UFC Champion, Kickboxing Champion
- Bas Rutten: King of Pancrase, UFC Champion
- Amir Perets, Israel’s heavyweight full-contact martial arts champion, Special Forces Krav Maga teacher
- Paul Vunak, NAVY SEAL trainer, protege' of Dan Innosanto
- Marco Ruas, UFC Champion and others.
Master Nottingham is one of only a handful of personally trained and certified Level II instructors in 5 time undefeated UFC Champion Frank Shamrock's SSF or Shamrock Submission Fighting. Frank Shamrock (not to be confused with Ken Shamrock) is perhaps best known for having soundly defeated both the Gracies (KO in 21 seconds) and Tito Ortiz.
To get started or request more information simply fill out our online information request form